Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Well, I think it's about time I updated this thing...
I've been very busy (tired) with school and French lessons so I haven't really had the energy to write. Plus, I wanted to wait until I had been to all of my classes before I updated you all.

My first day of school was actually very short - only two hours - but was so confusing! We started off in the church (I go to a Catholic school) and the principal talked for about an hour in French... The only words I understood were "travailler" and "difficile", which means "to work" and "difficult".... not a great sign. After, I got split up into my "group". I'm in 6b. We got our schedules and then after that we went home. The schedules are different every day, and every class is only 50 minutes.

My schedule will change in a couple of weeks, but here's what I have right now.

LUNDI/MONDAY
Geography
Math
French
French
Lunch
Math
Religion
English
English

MARDI/TUESDAY
History
French
Study (free time)
Study (free time)
Lunch
English
English
Math
Math

MERCREDI/WEDNESDAY
Study (free time)
Science
Religion
English
French (mandatory lessons for exchange students, lasts two hours after everyone else leaves)

JEUDI/THURSDAY
English
History
Science
Science
Lunch
English
Geography
Social Sciences
Social Sciences

VENDREDI
Study (free time)
French
Gym
Gym
Lunch
English
Social Sciences
Social Sciences

So that's it. I also have French lessons in Namur on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:45-8:45. I might not go on Wednesdays though because I already have French lessons then with my school, and having French lessons and then going to French lessons is a bit much, especially since I wouldn't get home until around 9:45pm.

School is okay, but it's just like school everywhere else. Class is boring (especially for me, because I don't understand any of it and am always tired) but the people are very nice and I've already made some friends.
My English teachers are very helpful, and watching other students learn English is pretty entertaining for me. I don't even have to try to pay attention, it's like hearing a television in the background. It's such a relief, because the rest of the day I have to try so hard to just pick out a few words. My math teacher writes so furiously on the blackboard (all blackboards in this school, if French wasn't hard enough to read) that the chalk slams against the board and he starts sweating and has to open up a window. My religion teacher speaks really softly and it makes me even more tired. All of my teachers seem pretty nice and understanding.

Les Fêtes de Wallonie start in a couple of days. On Friday I'm going with friends from school and maybe meeting up with AFS and Rotary students on Saturday. Well, that's all for now, it's around midnight here and I have a big day tomorrow (Wednesday schedule for me...) so I will update you in a couple of days with more! I also have to talk about this past weekend when my host family and I visited Namur for "Grandes Figures de Wallonie" but it's late here! Next time I'll be sure to include pictures and everything!


À plus tard,




Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment