Sunday, March 31, 2013

Quick Update.... Not many pictures, but more to come!

Bonjour (or bonsoir) à tous!

Yesterday I went to Namur to hang out with a few of my exchange student buddies. It was really refreshing to see some old faces that I hadn't seen since orientation (but even then for a few moments) and talk and drink beer. Namur is great because of the Place du Vieux/Marché aux Legumes seen here:


There are no tables out right now because of the terrible weather, so we have to go inside. We went to L'Havana this time. They just finished remodeling, and it looks so much better.





My friends were so nice, they even bought me a beer after I dragged them shopping with me! You know your friends love you when they spare no expense, Chimay Bleue is the best. Unfortunately I had to leave almost immediately after, so I had to drink it as fast as I possibly could. I felt bad about leaving, but I'd been there since 1:30pm and it was almost 8! I had a great time though, and it was great just hanging out with the guys (and Skyler, who is super easy to be around) when you're living in a house full of girls and all of your friends are girls!





That's really about it for now (I know, how boring of me) because last weekend we didn't really do much in class. On Tuesday I'm going to go to an exchange student's house until Thursday because my host mom is busy with pharmacy work and feels bad that I'd pretty much be left alone to fend for myself. After that, I'm going to Callie's house near Louvain-La-Neuve for a day or two. During the weekend I'll probably go to Namur and do a repeat of this past weekend. Then on Tuesday I'm off to Amsterdam!!! Pretty much everything is in order for that trip, and I'm getting really excited besides the horrible turn in weather we're going to be expecting. Seriously if it snows I'll be so upset!




À tantôt~


Nicole



P.S. Right around now is the time I got accepted into both AFS USA and AFS Belgique.... if you're in the position I was in exactly one year ago.... try to deal with the anxiety/impatience and good luck! I wish you all the best and I really hope you get to experience what I have and more. It's the best decision I've ever made, and I hope you'll think so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment