Thursday, February 7, 2013

AFS Mid Stay Orientation

Hi everyone!

This update isn't going to be very great, but there's not really much to talk about anyway. I had my Mid Stay Orientation last weekend, and it was okay. It was absolutely wonderful being able to see people again, and the volunteers kept us pretty busy. The activities are never as great as exchange students just talking, but I had fun. My friend and I were talking about how weird it is that we haven't seen some of these people in 5 months, and the next time we'll see them is when we go home. Very strange.

Anyway, here's some pictures from that weekend.








My last day of school is tomorrow and then I have Vacances de Carnaval, which will be a nice break. Over the weekend I'm going to talk to a Belgian in the area who wants to go on exchange. A few girls are going to come to my house on Valentine's Day and we're going to throw a pity party with pizzas and pastries (there's some alliteration for you). I'm also going to go to Namur for a few beers with friends towards the end of the vacation.


As for what's been going on since my last update... It's been snowing every day. Not a lot because it's Belgium, but enough for it to be annoying. I miss blue skies so much I took a picture of a sliver of it after it stopped snowing. I've gotten used to the cold though, so that's good. I've also been reading the Harry Potter series in French, but it gets kind of difficult to get into it when Hogwarts is called "Poudlard", Snape is "Rogue", wand is "baguette de magie", Hufflepuff is "Poufsouffle", Ravenclaw is "Serdaigle" and Tom Marvolo Riddle is "Tom Elvis Jedusor". Yes, Elvis.... it's just not the same. It's great though because it gives me something to do and I can understand everything. Well, not every word, but every idea.

I think that's it for now. I promise my next updates will be more entertaining than these past two. School is the same everywhere and doesn't leave me much to talk about. Okay well I'm going to go eat dinner!

À la prochaine!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment