Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Full Application and ACCEPTANCE into AFS-USA!


Hi everyone!
It’s been a while since I last posted, but in that time I can assure you that all I’ve done (related to AFS, anyway) is agonize over my application, hoping I didn’t forget any detail - or include any that would make me unable to go! - but now I have news.

I submitted my application about three times, and got an email the next business day saying I’d forgotten to do something. So after trial and error, I finally submitted it for the final time and paid my application deposit fee. The next day, I checked my email on my phone in class (who cares if we aren’t allowed to use cell phones in class? It was worth the possible violation in my opinion) and saw that 1. My application was sent off to be reviewed, and 2. I was accepted into AFS-USA!

For those of you who don’t know, there are two layers of acceptance needed to go abroad. The first one is being accepted by AFS-USA, which basically means you are allowed to leave the country with AFS and go to another country, all while representing the United States and AFS-USA. That’s where I am right now. It says I’ll have to wait 4-6 weeks to find out if I’m accepted to AFS-Belgium, my first choice. I’m just hoping it’s sooner rather than later, waiting is the worst! Hope to keep you updated soon,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment